With a blend of landscape and pastoral allusions, Terra-Time designed with James Wines’ design firm SITE and Alex Donahue is an “earthwork on your wrist.” Pulling references from contour maps, topographical models, stone quarry excavations and agricultural terras, Terra-Time is comprised of six layers, each representing the layers of the earth. This is more than just your everyday timepiece—it’s a multi-layered sculpture, where light and shadow add dimension to the timekeeping experience.
Currently Backordered - Ships in November
About the Creator
James Wines has spent much of his career challenging the notion that architecture is an act of formal invention. As the founder of architecture and environmental design studio SITE, Wine's work is about inversion, fusion, intervention and exaggeration—taking something apart and examining its elements from a different point of view.
With a background in sculpture—having been a prolific sculptor throughout the ‘50s and ‘60s—Wines turned to environmental design, for which he has worked as a designer of more than 150 architecture, interior design, public spaces, and landscape architecture projects for clients ranging from PepsiCo to Best Products to the cities of Hiroshima and Vienna.
He has also received a wide range of accolades and recognition, including the 1995 Chrysler Award for Design Innovation and acting as Chairman of Environmental Design at Parsons School of Design from 1984–1990.
- LLiamReviewingTerra-Time GrayI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAmazing
This is a pure work of art, great quality and feeling. The bracelet makes a clicking noise, I think it's a problem but it doesn't move so that's okay. Had it for 3 months now and I'm very happy of it !
- CColdenVerified BuyerReviewingTerra-Time BlackI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoTerra-Time Black
Came exactly as expected wouldve been 4 stars since the tracking code didn’t work but I contacted customer service and they were very prompt and helpful and the product did arrive within 5 days
- EEmilyVerified BuyerReviewingPast, Present & Future Steel | 40mmI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars1 month agoPast, Present & Future Steel | 40mm
I love the concept, but was a little let down with the quality of the product, especially with the price point. A portion of my leather bands from the inside started peeling a bit and the top portion feels like it might fade away after a while.
- RRuanVerified BuyerReviewingMr. MoriI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMr. Mori
I bought this watch for my husband for his birthday. He literally gasped when he opened it! He loves it!
- TThomasVerified BuyerReviewingKiura WhiteI recommend this productRated 3 out of 5 stars1 month agoKiura White
Understated and elegant.