Watch Instructions and Care
Your Projects Watch is shipped with a “crown stopper” preventing the battery from engaging. Remove this clear or white stopper located between the watch case and time adjusting screw. Simply set the time by turning the crown (round adjusting screw) and press in. This will engage the battery and start your watch.
Replacing the Band
In most cases, your watchband is attached to the case with a spring loaded pin. To replace the band, simply use an eyeglass screwdriver, tweezers or other small tool and press the pin toward the center of the band. Your pin will release. Be careful not to lose the pin as it may have a tendency to eject rapidly as it is spring loaded. To replace with a new band simply reverse the process by inserting the spring loaded pin into the end cavity of the watchband. Press or “pull” the pin toward the center and gently release into the indentation of the watch end.
Get Replacement Bands here
Replacing your battery
It is not recommended that you replace your battery by yourself as the back can be difficult to remove and can scratch easily. We recommend that you bring it to a jeweler or professional who has a tool that snaps the case back into place without damaging the back while ensuring water-resistance.
How to Adjust your Projects Stainless Steel Band
- Open the buckle. Please do not use (as leverage pivot) the rod which is indicated in the sketch.
- Insert the driver to the slot of the holding plate, and lever it down to release the holding plate.
- Slider buckle is released and can be shifted to desired position.
- Do exactly the opposite to close the buckle, using the same slot and pivot, this time by lifting the screw driver up till the plate is locked completely.
Water Resistant Facts
Water Resistance and Watches
There are several features that help make a watch water-resistant. The most important is the gaskets, or 0 rings-made of rubber, nylon or Teflon which form watertight seals at the joints where the crystal, case back and crown meet the watch case. if the watch is a chronograph, the chronograph pushers will also have gaskets.
In addition, water-resistant watch cases are lined with a sealant, applied in the form of a quick-hardening liquid, which helps keep water out.
Projects watches are water resistant to 30 meters, as indicated on the case back. This does not mean water-proof.
The water resistance rating of a watch does not take into account the ability of the watch to STAY water resistant as it ages. Please be aware that temperature fluctuations and external influences such as solvents, cosmetics, dust or shock, caused by impacts or sudden movements, can fundamentally affect water-resistance. Often a watch gets hit by a shock onto the crown or crystal without leaving visible marks, but the internal parts could become damaged affecting its water-resistance. You should also consider that seals and sealing systems in particular are subject to wear and tear as well as natural aging of the gaskets at the crystal, crown and case back.
Definition of Water Resistance
The different levels of water resistance as expressed in meters are only theoretical. They refer to the depth at which a watch will keep out water if both watch and the water are perfectly motionless. These conditions, of course, are never met in the real swimmer’s or diver’s world. In real life, the movement of the wearer’s arm through the water increases the pressure on the watch dramatically; so it can’t be worn to the depths indicated by lab testing machines.
The following usage recommendations are suggested by most watch manufacturers. Please note that your Projects Watch is not water-proof
- Water-resistant to 30 meters (100 feet). Will withstand splashes of water or rain but should not be worn while swimming or diving or in shower.
- Water-tested to 50 meters (165 feet). Protected in everyday life, bathing, accidental splashes, short swimming, car washing, parachuting, hang gliding, and skiiing-it is resistant against perspiration, water vapor and rain drops.
- Water-tested to 100 meters (330 feet). Suitable for swimming and snorkeling. Water-tested to 150 meters (500 feet). Suitable for snorkeling.
- Water-tested to 200 meters (660 feet). Suitable for skin diving.
- Diver’s 150 meters (500 feet). Meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving.
- Diver’s 200 meters (660 feet). Meets ISO standards and is suitable for scuba diving.
ProjectsWatches are either 3ATM or 5ATM
Care for a Water Resistant Watch
It is not recommended to wear your water resistant watch in a hot shower, sauna or hot tub. The extreme heat causes the metal parts to expand at a different rate than the rubber gaskets. This creates small openings that can allow water droplets to penetrate the watch. Sudden temperature changes are especially harsh.
Some chemicals can corrode the gaskets and make it vulnerable. Heavily chlorinated water can cause problems, as can spray-on perfumes and hairsprays that work their way into the watch’s seams and damage the gaskets. (They can also damage your watch’s finish.)
Leather straps are not water-resistant and can become damaged by frequent exposure to water. Depending on use and wear and tear, lifetime is typically from 6 to 18 months. Please take hygienic issue into consideration, as your leather strap is exposed daily to your natural sweat, as well as bacteria and dirt. Also from this point of view, a change of strap is recommended every 18 months at least.
Resetting sub-dials on Kiura Watch
On occasion, you might find after strenuous work or even a small bump, that the sub-dials do not perfectly re-set. This is a safety mechanism built into all chronographs so as not to damage the “teeth” of the wheel. Should this happen, there is a function to re-set the second hand sub-dial.
- Chrono function STOP
- Pull the crown out (same as if you were adjusting the time)
- Press the top button in, the second hand will turn fast in the opposite direction
- If you release the button after, you can adjust second by second
- Press the bottom button in, the second hand will turn fast forward
- If you release the pusher after you can adjust second by second